Altenew Academy: Level 1- CAS Boutique Cards

 Hello there,

"The world is full of wonderful things you haven't seen yet"

This is such a relatable quote. As the years pass, we tend to get mature and the way we see the past changes, the things we learnt previously, we get to implement with a different eye. We meet many new poeple, their experiences along the way and you learn and get to see wonderful side of this world in completely different way. We get to mix various experiences and learn new processes and posses all this valuable information to pass along.

Altenew academy is doing the same to me for now. I have taken just first 3 classes and I was doing all those techniques before I started this program, but every class has given me atleast 1 new or more techinque to take away and new learnings, new perspective to take for the future creations. It is encouraging and exciting all at the same time.

There are 2 projects below like always as I like to try different steps shown in all the classes, combine those learnings and implement techniques for learning the variations. This time, I have tried to create 2 different color combinations (white and black base), this gives me an opportunity to play around with how CAS works on different colors, dark and light bases and how to work on the techniques. Also the photography is quite different as the color and background changes.

I even have made 2 different envelopes for both of my cards, following the instructions from the class.

The envelope measurements are : Take A2 size paper (8,1/4 inch) and then score 4 lines at (3,5/8 inch). Then fold as per markings and you will get an envelope. 

More details follows as we proceed further in the post. 

The techniques/Learnings from this class are as follows (CAS Boutique Cards): How to make box envelopes, simple envelopes mathcing the card, use of luxury papers, Foiling without foil machine, Metallic details, use of colored bases other than white and make them CAS style, Faux letterpress embossing etc.

My creation details:

Card 1-



How to: A very simple, clean and crisp look achievement just by stamping florals from the stamp set and did a fast copic coloring here. Added the sentiment and done!
I didn't add any splatters as I was trying to be as minmal as possible. CAS is hard for me to think, but easy once I have the idea and start it on the medium.

Stamp set: Precious peony, Paint a flower: Rose, for the sentiment

Copic Ink Colors: V06, V05, RV55, RV52

Others: Black pigment dye ink.

Card 2-



How to: Black base is one of my most favorite medium to use in card making. There is something so elegant and dramatic about it, cannot explain. A bare min heat embossing and stamping only the part of the image to cover a bit of the card's area.

Stamp set: Paint a flower: Rose

Die: Mix and match frames die set

Others: Versamark ink, heat embossing tool, Antique gold heat embossing powder

Lastly, some more images/close-ups for both the creations are here-







Hope you liked the style of the CAS creations today and would love to hear the feedbacks if there is any chance for improvement here.

Wish you a very good time and will catch up soon with my next post.

Regards

Disha


Post a Comment

2 Comments