Altenew Academy: Level 1- Celebration: Stencil Techniques

 Hello there,

"The more you celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate"

I so much loved this quote, while reading about it somewhere. It's so true :)

Specially now, because so many festivities are awaiting or can say knocking on our doors as and when we step into new month. Well, thats the fun part of celebrations, don't you agree? Lot's of good food, party, fun, social gatherings, dressing up, well I do enjoy all these stuff from time to time. 

I am kind of traditional in that sense too. Festivals give me so much joy and they come with so much celebrations.

This Altenew class was very unique and something which I don't usually try or keep forgetting about are : STENCILS. They can be used in so many diff ways and yet showcase the unique spark in the handmade creations. The class sparked those joys back in me and helped me learn new techiques, trips and have fun part with my imagination alltogether. 

As always, there are 2 projects for this class as one creation alone cannot do justice to all the lessons learnt in the class for sure. I always love (mostly), bright , cheerful colors and lots of layers or details, basically non CAS styled. With the introduction and learnings from this class, I have tried to incorportae both these elements in my creations.

The techniques/Learnings from this class are as follows: 

My creation details:

Card 1-

                                         
How to: I have tried to follow and keep the stencil in a way on the paper, that max area is getting covered and the main parts of the stencils are highlighted. Since the background paper is already orange shaded, I decided to use it as my base color and develop onto it using the same color family, but darker shade of the inks. 
This way, it pulled in all the elements, the design and also gave it a brighter, cheerful look, which I was aiming for. Once done, I added black and white pen highlights with doodling here and there to combine the whole design. Also, added some shading with copic marker (which is hardly visible) to highlight the darker parts of the floral stencil, in background or you can say, to seperate it from the paper background.

Stencil: Floral Drape stencil

Ink Colors: Orange cream, Firebrick

Paper pack: Altenew Pastel dreams paper pack

Others: Black pen (water color friendly) and white gel pen for detailing, Altenew gold sequins


Card 2-

                                

How to: Here, I was trying to create a card, which seems gender neutral and can be given on any occassion and no specific themed sentiment. Was gravitating more towards a masculine creation and hence, came up with the idea of the card. I simply tried to use Ombre shades of the blue colors and enhance the background base paper colors likewise. Then, I cut the paper in half (kind of diagonally, not exactly) and then adhered it to the base. Then, also cut a strip of brushed silver cardstock to separate the card in 2 parts (just for a nice design and better visibility). Lastly, added the sentiment and called it done.

Stencil: Blooming flower bed

Stamp set: Sentiment strip 2 

Ink Colors: Aqualicious, Teal Cave, Galactic stream

Others: Blue cardstock, brushed silver mirror cardstock, Altenew black pigment ink

Last, some more images/close-ups for both the creations are here-


                                          



Hope to see you soon in my next post and wish you a very bright, cheerful and happy days ahead :)

Regards

Disha

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I love the clean and simple look of your projects, Disha! Well done.

    ReplyDelete