My Mixed Media Love

                                            I.            Diaries:
a.       Kalam-dawaat-
A birthday present for my special friend. The requirements were given by him though about pen, ink-pot, clock etc., but when I implemented it my way, he was spell-bounded and that made me feel so honored about my work.
Since, it was to be given to a guy, I kept the blue color for background and done a lots of mixed media work on it using various products like Finnabair soft gel, gesso, texture pastes etc. I used gears to depict his love for cars/ machines etc.
Since I was unable to put a working clock, I have kept it as a symbolic reference currently on the front page.
I have made this diary more like an album with opening and closing lock to cover the diary in a different way than usual ones.



b.      G effect-
A piece created for my beloved husband as his birthday present. This will always be amongst the art pieces close to my heart for obvious reasons!!
Tried to keep it simple and sober and hence cool color (blue) was used.



                                          II.            Layouts:
a.       Imagination:
This piece was created on a () canvas. Initially the plan was to work on a white canvas, but somehow I decided to do a black gessoed background on white canvas itself and give a peacock (cyan, blue, sea green colors) theme to it.
I used white modelling paste with TCW stencil (feather one) and used dylusion sprays to give them the required color. To my disappointment, the modelling paste soaked up all the color and hence I had to coat the paint 2-3 times to impart it the required effect. Then used few stencils to create extra interest.
Post that, have prepared punch flowers with distress inks in yellow color to contrast the background. Then prepared all the chipboards using chunky white embossing powder from stampendous.
I took some white gauge (can buy from normal medical store) and colored it blue using distress sprays.
Once the raw materials were ready, I arranged them together to give a final dreamy imaginative layout as follows.


b.      Cards from cherry lynn dies flowers:
I have created 5 different layouts using mixed media techniques like stamping, stenciling, distressing, embossing etc.
And arranged all together to create colorful backgrounds.

These backgrounds can be used in any card or envelopes as per the requirement.





Post a Comment

0 Comments