Heartfelt Birthday Wishes!!

Hello my dear creative friends,

Today, it will be a long post for the chit chat and a very very different one than my usual. 
Why you must ask? Well, I am overwhelmed writing this post...........

I am, yes, I AM, applying for my DREAMY BRAND (Well, whole world's Favorite), THE AMAZING PAPER GRACE BY BECCA FEEKEN !!!!!! (READ: Lots of butterflies in my stomach, even while applying for the DT).

Since the day this call was announced, I was fighting in my mind, To apply or not. Because I have seen the work of the whole team and I am always awestruck. Seeing their work feels like, NOOOO.. I can never fit into this AWESOME SQUAD!! 
I have read the DT application call almost 50 times in past few days and the thing which pushed me the most was: Apply!!!  We want to be represented by all kinds of talent. Apply!!

That's the reason, finally, after 3 whole weeks, I have decided to overcome my anxiety and apply before the final submission time slips from my hands.

Now, onto the blog post for today's card (This is different from what I have created for the DT call submission and that will go in a separate mail directly to the APGCT mail).

I will first share the look of the card, because I think keeping pictures in between helps captivate the reader's interest:




Whenever I see any product in the crafty world (Stamps, tools, even types of papers, coloring mediums, pens etc.) , I always do research, like checking on company's website, checking review's on respective YouTube channels, checking their designer's way of using it and then I create few sketches in my mind, that if I will buy this product, what all things I can do with it.
The same goes for when I have got the product in my hands. It is a bit weird and hopefully a very rough ideation, but, still, I want to share this here:

Yes, I create some rough sketches on how to chose color combos, design etc like this. It always helps and I always create 2/3 ideations like this, even though the final outcome might not resemble any of my sketch, but it's such a nice way to better use products, brainstorm options and boost your productivity and creativity.

Now, onto the steps for the card creation:
  1. First things first, THE COLOR COMBINATION:  Its most important to have a thoughtful color combination in mind beforehand. I use color theory to decide what combinations I will use , based on my cardstock color and stamps, embellishments etc.
  2. THE FOCAL IMAGE: This should complement everything, yet stand-out the most on your project. Here, I decided on the Stamp set size based on the area of my project and theme I had in mind.  
  3. PROJECT CONSTRUCTION: I have used Heartfelt Intricate swirl dies here, which has 4/5 sets of different shape and type dies and can be clubbed together or used individually. It all depends on our creative streak. I have used the outer frame as the card base, then used Second die as a Stencil with the Hero Arts white Pigment Ink. Next, I used 3rd and 4th dies from the set and have added double sided foam tape to give them certain height and make them stand out. I then gold heat embossed the Altenew Rose stamp and watercolor it with Karin Brush Markers. Heat embossed the sentiment too.
  4. Once all the elements are ready, the most important part is ARRANGEMENT. It’s the most struggling one for me, even when I create the sketches, the end product looks totally or most part of it.. different than imagination. But, play around with it, click some pictures with each of the arrangement and see which one looks nicer to you and wallah…. The project is READY
  5. FINAL STEPS: Stick all the elements together, add embellishments if required and click good pictures and be proud of yourself J     
Here are more images of the project, different angles and little close up too:




Wish me luck, keeping my fingers crossed. :) :) This will be all from me today. I hope I inspired you a little bit with my words and my project. Would love to know how you feel about it.

Thank you for stopping by and Take care.

Regards
Disha

Post a Comment

0 Comments