Mudra Guest Designer Post

 Hello dear crafty friends,

It is a real happiness, when a brand you like sooo soo much, calls you to do a guest designer post for them, using their products. I am so glad and honored to be a guest designer for my favorite brand: Mudra. 

This is an opportunity of the lifetime for me really. It really feels great to be here and showcase my creativity. Also, to share another secret, I have never guest designed for any brand ever, so it is my first ever and I am so glad Mudra is the first one for me.

I have created 2 cards today, the details for them are as follows:

1) Hearty Wishes:




I have created this card using the same stamp set, which I have used to create my challenge entry for Mudra monthly challenge #34. I love this stamp set soo soo much, because I love peacocks a lot and this stamp set is so well designed, it's pure happiness whenever I use this stamp set. I have used this stamp set to create mandala art, to create cards (traditional and non traditional) way, bookmarks etc. and I plan to use it more in other ways in future too.

For this card, inspite of just coloring the peacocks, I decided to keep them simple, to show the beauty of the stamp set using the gold embossing powders. I then fussy cut the peacocks and set them aside.

For the card base, I used the feather which comes in the same stamp set and go over for stamping the whole card base with gold ink and let it dry.

Then, to give the card a modern look, I used traditional peacock shades (Green, blue, cyan) and cut small paper stripes out of those and stuck them together, to give a finite look on both sides of the Peacock stamp set. 

Also, I have cut a circle die and watercolored the individual hearts inside it using metallic watercolors and then adhered them together like enjoying a fun puzzle game. and the inside of circle is created using the distress inks (same color combos as the paper strips) , to give it a wholesome look. Then added a sentiment: Hearty wishes.

Once done, arranged all pieces together and you can see for yourself how it came along.

The way I created this card, you can use it for any occasion like festivals or sending best wishes on occasions, because it has a traditional yet modern touch to it.




2) You make me Smile:




Anything floral, attracts me like a butterfly to the flowers, if you follow me on social media, you can see what I mean to say here.

I love Mudra's roses stamp set so much, that I have used that also, multiple times till now and wish to use it more and more with many mediums and techniques like pencils, metallic watercolors, no line coloring etc. etc. It is so beautifully designed by the illustrator and curated by the team Mudra.

This time, I decided to use the whole stamp set (no parts of it) and went for a no-line coloring on the same. Also, I had never tried a purple rose till now, so I pondered on that opportunity with this creation here. 

I have stamped the image with Antique linen distress ink on the Arches cold pressed watercolor paper for a no-line watercoloring. I have used zig markers majorly to give the base layers using multiple shades or pinks, purples.

Once all the base layers were done, I went over with Faber Castell polychromos pencils to go into the nooks and crannies for giving the coloring more depth.

Then, finally, I have splattered the entire creation with gold metallic watercolors, to give it a subtle shine, which is so hard to catch in the photos though. 

Then, I adhered the card onto a back top folding card-base and finished it using the sentiment from the same stamp set.




Here are some more close-ups:





Hope you have liked my creations for this post and I want to give Mudra a big thanks for always coming up with beautiful and creative products and the amazing and inspiring DT team members.

Much love,

Disha

Post a Comment

0 Comments