Dare to be different!

 Hello dear readers and my crafty friends,

"The things that make me different..... are the things that make ME!!" 

So well said by someone! Some challenges just instills the creativity and Dare you to be YOU!

This pair-a-flower creativity inspired challenge from Altenew was one of them, wherein, I came out from my months long hibernation and decided to be creative and have a come back.

For this comeback, I decided, I don't want to just create a normal coloring card (which is my usual go-to style), but spice and spin it up using the quilling technique.

Let's first check out the images and then, may be I can explain myself a bit better.




Created this for the challenge as below:



I have used the Altenew "Courageous You" stamp set here. The only reason for that was, the florals were big enough to work with the intricate quilling technique. The surface area of the petals was pretty big to rotate and twist and turn the paper easily. It was pretty tedious job too, but I hope I did my level best to keep the petal's shape and cleanliness intact.

For the background, I have used an Altenew paper pack's page, which had this green washed background and was fitting my requirement so well. 
The sentiment is also from the same Altenew "Courageous You" stamp set. I have gold heat embossed it and matted it on a rose gold glitter cardstock.

The black squared frame is hand-cut from the light cardboard and then it's top layer from the black cardstock, to give the look of frame to the entire piece and bring it all together.
On the base of the entire creation also, there is a strong cardboard (~3 mm thickness), to make the entire piece sturdy and give it a good support.

Here are the individual images of my creation, to have a better view of the creation:






Some progress images too, if you are interested to see how it came along. :







I wasn't planning to aim this monthly inspiration challenge of the Altenew, but somehow it matched and happy to be linking this creation to another Altenew monthly challenge as well! Hope this will not cancel my chances to the main challenge for which I have created this piece.


Hope this creation was up to your liking and you have found it inspirational in some way. 

Appreciate your time and love on this blog.

Regards

Disha

Post a Comment

0 Comments