Sending you sweet birthday wishes!

 Hello my crafty friends,

Sending someone sweet birthday wishes makes their day more special. Don't you agree? 

I would love it definitely if someone can make it so special for me by sending lovely handmade gifts and any sort of love I can get. It makes the day more special. Yeah, a greedy girl for the gifts! But common, who doesn't like the pampering on your special day!

Ok, why are we talking so much on this topic? Well, that's the theme for today's creation:


Details about the creation:

I wanted to create some mixed media styled card, but not adding products specifically used for the mixed media projects. So, I decide to use only paper as the main ingredient and give the desired look to my card with it. I have used the color inspiration from the Altenew inspiration challenge image and have tried to not use any other color except normal black and white if needed! 

I have tried to give this card a 3D sort of look with only using the paper as the main medium.

Technique and design details:

Firstly, I have colored the 4.25 by 5.5 inch paper with partial blue shade on left bottom side with Altenew Ocean Waves die ink. Once done, I have used the Altenew Circle Quilt Cover Die and cut the paper using it.

I was going for sort of die cut inlay (more 3D form), which I changed midway and decided to just stick all pieces like the way they have been cut. So I didn't separate the frame at first. I attached all the small pieces on another card base and then carefully removed the Frame of the die and saved it for some other project.

Then, I used the Peony Dream 3D die and die cut the small flower in that die set using the white sheet of Neenah 80lb paper. Then, I colored the different floral pieces using different shades of the yellows: Citrus burst, Honey Drizzle, Yellow Ochre. For the middle part of the flower, after adding the color, I even used pencil colors to give the petals slight shading to stand out a bit more.

Then at last, I used Copic markers( in shades of brown) for the center of the floral die part and on top of it, added glossy accent to highlight it and make it look shiny.

For the leaves, I have used the same 3D peony die set leaves but, only the top part of the leaves (leaving the base of the leaves die cut aside). Colored it with Brown shade copic markers and adhered it beneath the floral die cut images on both sides.

After that, it was just beautifying the project using some Altenew golden sequins and gold heat embossed the sentiments from the Altenew Sentiment strip1 and foam adhered them on the card base to give it a bit of dimension.

Finally, adhered the entire card on the dark brown base (to show slight border around the card) and to give it a finish look with all the elements and the color palette.


This creation is for participating in this month's Altenew inspiration challenge:


Hope the creation justifies the color palette and hope it's worthy of your love here as well as on my other social media platforms.

Much love.

Regards

Disha

Post a Comment

0 Comments