Altenew Get Wild with Washi Tape contest 2021 - Project 1 (Warm Wishes)

Hello Hello crafty friends and my beautiful and lovely readers,

How are you all? These days, the weather is so dark, cold and gloomy, I am trying to spend lots of time in my crafty space. To keep the creative juices flowing, I have planned to participate in some of the challenges in this last month of the year!

Should I start with lot's of words or the pics first. Let's change it up and start with this card pic here:

Altenew keep coming with such awesome challenges (along with their monthly challenges), that sometimes it feels so overwhelming to decide where to participate. Well, my advice is participate in all :D Wink Wink!

Actually it's a good learning curve, keep challenging the creative streak and there is always something new and fun in these challenges. I love them all and hope you guys love such challenges as well.

With a varied range of products Altenew has and all so awesome, this time we had to do fun with washi tapes. Cool product right? Who can think of the 100s of ways to use them otherwise. Such challenges are super fun and helps us explore more and more ways to use the products too. So, let's Get wild with Altenew Washi tape contest:


Description:
As you can see, it's a very simple and elegant creation. Just a simple "warm wishes" greeting card, with lot's of pinks in it for my lovely friend.
But, I hope, this looks elegant and smart to you as well!

Technique:
I have adhered Altenew Gold splattered blush wide washi tape first on the lower half or 3/4th part of the top folding notecard. Once done, I have used Altenew creative edges lace die and have cut it multiple times using white cardstock and then, colored them using Altenew inks in the shades of pinks, magenta and greys. 

After this, I have hand cut the biggest floral print from the Altenew Botanical Rhapsody Wide Washi Tape. I then, gave them some copic marker coloring (in shades of pink) to get the flower mixed into the background and not be just too white/black. The leaves are also from the same washi tape, but i colored them using grey copic markers, so that they also stand out more.

Lastly, the tip of the stamens/pollens of the flower were just colored using a gold gel pen to make them pop inside the flower. Once done, adhered everything onto the background and added a "warm wishes" sentiment to finish off the card.

Wanted to keep the focus on the bottom part of the creation, so have decided not add any sequins, splatters and extra embellishments to distract the attention.

It's a very simple creation, but uses Washi tapes in the fun way. One more final look at the creation before we end the post:


Hoping you will like it as much as the fun it gave me designing and creating it! Please share your feedback here to let me know.

Regards

Disha

Post a Comment

0 Comments