MFT CAS Card Design Superstar Entry

 Hello dear friends,

Wishing you a Purrfect day! I love such cute sentiments and this little kitty cat is oh soo adorable.

This is a very old MFT stamp set, but I love it very much and I wanted to use it for someone in the family, who is an avid cat lover.


CAS doesn't come to me naturally, if I should be honest, but I just loved created and conceptualizing this one. I must say, MFT challenges are fun, brings enjoyment and gets you out of comfort zone to think in different directions. I love participating in it with all the lovely entries I see there every year.

As you can see, the cat is just chilling on the big long white wall (Have used MFT brick stencil here) to depict the same on the white space. Hope you can see that detail easily. Also the part of the wall on which the cat is lying lazily, I did some yellow distress inking, to differentiate both the walls and also to bring in some brightness to the whole creation.

I have used the copic coloring here, very simple and basic. There are details on that and close up of my little sweet kitty here in the images below.


I always try to test the marker colors on rough sheet, before coloring the actual images. This time, I actually tested it on the image because I didn't want to ruin my CAS piece, if anything goes wrong.

I tried some variations on cat marks also, but in the end, decided not to go with those somehow.


So, here is my entry for the first category (MFT Clean and Simple Genius Category) of Card design superstar contest by MFT for this year.


Hope you enjoyed being here and liked my work. Thanks for always stopping by. Have a great week ahead.

Take care, 

Disha



Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. You should be SUPER proud of how this turned out! The cats eyes look so realistic it's almost eerie. Beautiful coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete