Altenew Academy: Level 1 - All about Layering 3

Hello there,

"The first step is the hardest in every journey of dreams"

This statement is the main crux of what I am about to share here today and express too. It took me a very loooong time to take this first step and I am still sweating while writing this post. 

This very first post towards my journey starting in the Altenew Academy. I was selected in 2019 for this course and life got into way many times (it was a exciting time in my personal life), but I think it's never too late unless you start. Also, I exhausted myself and my creativity by looking at all the beautiful creations from other altenew team members, educators and fellow learners in the academy all these years. I got so much carried away that I almost decided to quit!!

Neverthless, I was determined to give it a go this year and here I am, with my very first post for the Altenew Academy Level 1 class: All about Layering 3. 

I have created 2 projects for this class and I will try to write every possible details to the best of my knowledge. Hope this will help other fellow crafters to get some inspiration and light.

The techniques/Learnings from this class are as follows: Layering stamps can work wonders and can be used in many diff ways (not only using all the layers everytime). Mix and match them with diff ink families, skip some layers, use embossing or other medium like vellum, paper to enhance the look. Use them as full background with random images all around a big sentiment or use a very CAS style with almost negligible effort.

My creation details:

Card 1-


How to: Very basic explanation, have made multiple vintage roses layering stamps and since I didn't had cordinating die, I had fussy cut all in different sizes. The leaves are not from the same stamp set as I found it will be hard to fussy cut, so I used it from another stamp set from Altenew. Lastly, after every element was ready, arranging was the main part and I keep trying to arrange them in multiple ways, until I was happy with this design.

Stamp set: Vintage roses, Fancy Greetings

Ink Colors: Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Grapevine

Die: Nesting frames die

Embossing folder: Organic Linen

Others: Brushed gold cardstock, gold thread, gold splaters, gold sequin, Black pigment dye ink


Card 2-

How to: My original plan with this creation was to just create a tag with that center piece, but after it was created, I decided to convert it in a card. I was trying to go for a CAS look + tag but in the end, I added all that drame of gold splatters, gold sequins, and raising the center to make it a focal point. I have skipped one of the stamp in the layering set of the Dahlia, just to do soemthing different. Also, the center is gold dye inked layer from the outline stamp of the same Dahlia stamp set.

Stamp set: Delicate garden stamp, Dahlia blossoms

Ink Colors: Aqualicious, Teal Cave, Galactic stream

Die: Nesting frames die

Others: Kraft cardstock, gold splaters, gold sequins, Black pigment dye ink, black marker, Faber Castell pencil colors (Cobalt turquoise and helio turquoise), Altenew gold pigment ink

Last, some more images/close-ups for both the creations are here-






Hope you will enjoy, guide and inspire me in this whole journey and every post will bring me closer to the final goal. I am dedicated to the end goal and new learnings with every single class.

Wish you the best time and see you very soon with a new post.

Regards

Disha

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. OMG! I am so terribly excited to see you give this black stripe look a try! I love doing that and I am glad you tried it too! And congrats on your post. I checked a few times if you mentioned your correct group! WOW! Better late than never! Look at what we were missing!! Such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erum, you will never know how many times you have inspired me!! I look forward to your creations and all your creative designs.
      Yes, I took really long time to begin this journey and excited to execute now 😃. Many many thanks for appreciating the work I did!

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful! I love the pink and 'the card with the black lines reminds me of a card Erum shared once! Take your time----enjoy this AECP journey---it only comes once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks Traci for visiting my blog and taking out time to share the lovely words :) means so much to me. Yes, I was waiting for long for this journey to start. Hope I can progress nicely :)

      Delete