I love mew!

 Hello dear crafty friends,

Good morning from my part of the world. 

I am a morning person but today, I haven't slept a bit and it's almost early morning hours here already. But, there was something important to be finished and here we are!

Ok, agree, we are not here to discuss my schedule, but to see the CAS creation for the much awaited challenge in the world: MFT superstar contest 2023.

CAS is something which doesn't come naturally to me, but this year, I have really tried hard to create and understand the design rules in CAS and have even tried some in past few months.

This is my entry for the CAS category challenge in the MFT superstar contest 2023:


I have used the cat stamp from the YUZU Feline Fun stamp set, but as you might have noticed, yours truly has changed the stamp and also added few more images (like the ballon from MFT BB Mice stamp set). The ribbons are hand drawn. Overall, I wanted to add the look like this cat has come in a gift box, holding the balloon and saying "I Love Mew" to the recipient. Also, the eyes of the cat, I have changed a bit to be just more than a black dot. 

Rest of the coloring is very simple and there is a tiny bit of masking involved too. I don't have any diecuts of the stamp, so everything is handcut, even the masks, wherever needed.

For the circle, I have used MFT Stitched circle stax dienamics (the biggest circle). But to mat the turquoise green color, I had hand cut the circle (2.1"), because the biggest circle die was already used for the base. The green color matting is handcolored using the copic marker(because I didn't had any matching cardstock). It's the same color as the box the cat is sitting in.

The color details are as follows:

Distress ink- Vintage photo

Copics-

Balloons: R32, R35, R37, 

Cat body: C4, C2, C1, C00

Cat ears: E08, YR27, E02

Cat eyes: YG63, YG67, W8

Cat Nose: RV95, C3, E81

Cat ears: Rv95, R81

Box: BG15, BG13, BG32, G00

Ribbons: V17, V15, V12

Extras- Black pencils, white gel pen, Black copic pen 

Some more images -



A close up at last:


Hope you find all the information required for this card and hope you like my attempt of this CAS design.

Without further ado, entering this make for the challenge this year:

See you soon with next post, coming in shortwhile.

Thanks for stopping by and all the love.

Disha

Post a Comment

1 Comments