Altenew Academy: Level 1- Let it shine

 Hello hello :-) 

                                                   "The beauty lies in the shining soul"

Let the light shine within and it will be seen and respected by everyone. 

Hey there dear friends, I have chosen to start the post today with this quote specifically because of the class name and tips and tricks learned from those!

I always use and I guess most of us, embellishments, metallic threads, splatters etc some way or the other to make our projects shine. Thus, this class not only gave me good knowledge, some additional tricks but also it was one of those class where there was a lot of freedom in terms of technique and its usage. I enjoyed it the most untill now from all the classes have been through. Somwhow the colors on these creations will feel little same as I think I was vibing blue or loving the blue cardstock as base which I have used on both the creations in 1 way or another.

The techniques/Learnings from this class are as follows (Let it shine): Use of glitter, embossing powders, metallic threads, sparkly watercolors, perfect pearls, mirror cardstock, washi tapes, glossy papers, metallic embellishments, pearls, foils, glitter pens, glitter glue etc.

My creation details:

Card 1-

                                        

How to: Very simple description, maybe it's not even needed :) Took one of the images from the Pristine peonies stamp set, colored with coordinating stencils, but be mindful, the color of the cardstock is already dusty blue, so we have that shade already available and I wanted to bring blue and purple hues in this one. I edged the floral edges with purple copic marker and so is the border also done ins ame copic color, just to make the cohesive look on the card and bring it all together. Lastly, adhered the floral image in mixed media style, adding metallic thread, spllatyers, sequins and finished it with a fun sentiment.

StampSentiment strip 2, Pristine peonies

Die: Pristine peonies coordinating dies, Cross stitch canvas cover die

Ink Colors: Shades of Purple, V06, V05

Others: Dusty blue cardstock, metallic threads, sequins, silver watercolor spaltters 

Card 2-

                      

How toHeat embossed gold heat embossing powder on the blue cardstock from my stash. Once done, used ink colors with coordinating stencil and colored the foral image with dark blue hues. Was looking to go a bit monochromatic here, but in the end, I changed the base cardstock as I felt this was popping the image much better. Scored some lines on the base cardstock, just to differentiate the look and also for some different kind of texture game. This card has total mixed media feel, with the addition of mettalic threads, splatters, sequins and all that gold shimmer and shine.

Stamp: Rosa Gallica

Stencil: Rosa Gallica coordinating stencil

Ink Color: Northern Shore crisp dye inks

Others: Neenah desert cardstock, gold heat embossing powder, metallic threads, sequins, golden and white watercolor spaltters, scoreboard, sky blue cardstock

Lastly, some more images/close-ups for both the creations are here-








The class was super fun as I am all about adding those sparkle and shines to my projects and it was really fun to learn how I can extend my knowledge with the lessons taught.
Thanks for all the love and stopping by.

Have a very good day :)

Regards

Disha



Post a Comment

1 Comments