Altenew Academy: Level 1- Seasonal Scene Building

  Hello there,

"Adventure awaits, with beautiful scenery as the backdrop."


Hey my crafty buddies, dear readers, a warm welcome again on the blog :) Today's post talks about the wonders of nature and the calmness it gives me/us and the beauty which pleases everyone's eyes.

Nature is the best possible medicine for all my ongoing mind battles and I always feel super elated once I am back from those serene and lovely views. 

As you already know by now, I am here to share the new projects for the class 'seasonal scene building' where in I got to learn so many new things as always. This is also one of my favorite class and topic as I love to create scenes (maybe not the complex ones, but I try!). I try to create one layer scenes most of the times, but it's not always a easy path to follow, so I mix CAS style and sometimes I just create a one layered scene and add images on top of it, to complete the scene.

There are many different ways to create a scene on the cards and most important I feel is to look at the products you have in hand, which can help you design that scene along with the imagination/idea. 

I have created 2 projects for this class and I would love to know your thoughts after you have seen the projects: 'Every view tells a story, what does this one say to you?'

The techniques/Learnings from this class are as follows: How to build a one layer scene , creatre background for the scene and details like critters on top, window scene, using different products like vases, icecreams etc and just keep them on a window or shelf kind of look, shaker scene etc.

My creation details:

Card 1-

                            

How to: I love northern lights a lot and I am crazy over this beautiful phenomenon on the mother nature. Hence, I have tried to depict the same on the background. Lastly colored the mama and baby penguin critters with copics and added them on the scene with a mathcing sentiment.

Stamp set: Warm heart

Ink Colors: Rose Quartz, Rubellite, Deep Iris, UltraViolet, Arctic Mountain, Firefly, Turquoise

Others: Copic markers, white gouache for the snow, Black pigment dye ink

Copic Marker colors: Y17, Y08, Y04, W4, W3, W1, W00, C4, C2, C0, C00


Card 2-

                                

How to: As much as I love cold weather, falling snow, I do time to time want a change and would fall for the ocean breeze and splashes of waves on my feet. Its another beautiful view which I never would want to miss. Hence, this card depicts my another love for the sea and have tried to create the becah with waves background using simple inking techniques. Once I was happy with the background, I have added gel pen and gouache details to create waves. Also, since I love writing in the sand, to give that effect, I have added clear heat embossed sentiment on the card. On the top, I have added a suitcase stamp image, which has all the beach travel accessories in it.

Stamp set: Enjoy your journey

Ink Colors: Sea Glass, Ocean Waves, Aqualicious, Vanilla cream

Others: White gouache, watercolor pencils, white gel pen, clear heat embossing powder

Last, some more images/close-ups for both the creations are here-





Hope you will enjoy, guide and inspire me in this whole journey and every post will bring me closer to the final goal. I am dedicated to the end goal and new learnings with every single class.

Wish you the best time and see you very soon with a new post.

Regards

Disha

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Both of your cards are STUNNING, Disha!! So so so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankoooo sooo much for kind words and motivating me with every step forward :)

      Delete